Sri Lankan deep-fried meatballs
- 225 g beef
- 25 g salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 25 ml vinegar
- 450 g potato
- 1 onion
- 3 mint leaf sprigs
- 1 green chile
- 1 celery stalk
- 1¼ lt oil
- 1 egg
- 50 gm bread crumbs
- Mince the beef and season with salt, pepper and vinegar.
- Boil and mash the potato and chop the onion, mint leaves, chile and celery.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the beef and cook for 3 –4 minutes until browned.
- Add the onion, mint leaves, chile and celery and cook until the onion has softened slightly.
- Add the mashed potato and mix well together.
- Roll into small balls or flat cakes.
- Beat the eggs and coat the cutlis with the egg before dipping into the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the cutlis until browned.
- Drain well.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.