- 2 Chicken breasts, skin-on
- 1 small jar jerk seasoning
- olive oil for basting
- 1 large pineapple
- 1 red bell pepper de-seeded
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and de-seeded
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
For the Dressing:
- 1 passion fruit
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of ½ lime
- To Marinate the Chicken:
- Score the Chicken breasts skin-side-up and then smother them liberally with the jerk seasoning, making sure you get into the scored cuts as well. Leave to marinate for up to three hours - the longer you leave them the better the flavor.
- To Prepare the pineapple:
- Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise and then cut out the flesh and reserve. You should be left with two hollowed out halves of a pineapple.
- To Prepare the Salad:
- Chop the pineapple flesh, the pepper and the cucumber into bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl. Strip the leaves off the sprig of thyme and add to the salad, mixing thoroughly. Pack each pineapple half high with the salad.
- To Cook:
- Place the marinated Chicken breasts on a grill over hot coals or under a hot broiler and cook for 5 –7 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Baste occasionally with olive oil to add to the charred flavor.
- For the Dressing:
- Scoop out the pulp of the passion fruit into a bowl. Add the salt, pepper, Sugar, olive oil and the lime juice. Mix thoroughly.
- By now the Chicken breasts should be cooked. Take them off the coals and let them cool slightly. Slice them on the diagonal into 4 - 5 pieces and then fan out the pieces of one breast over each pineapple half. Spoon over the passion fruit dressing and serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.