- Ethnicity - Awadhi, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
For the Filling :
- 1/2 Cup Moong Dhuli daal (Split green gram)
- 1 tbsp. ginger, finely chopped
- 2-3 Green chillies, finely chopped
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala powder
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. amchur powder
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Make a not too soft dough using flour, salt, oil and water.
- For filling :
- Boil the daal by adding little water to just cooked consistency, be careful it should not get mushy.
- In a pan add oil and add asafoetida, ginger, chillies, salt, chilli powder, garam masala powder and amchur. saute for few seconds and add the cooked daal. Cook for a minute or two, stirring in between. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Heat the sufficient oil in a kadai for frying kachoris.
- Take the flour dough and divide it into even sized balls and roll into a small poori and put the filling in the center. Gather the edges and seal. Now again roll it like a poori. Make all kachoris in the same manner.
- Now add the kachori to the heated oil and fry till golden and crisp (one at a time )
- Drain on a paper to remove access oil and serve hot with Aloo ki sabzi and khatta-metha kadoo.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.