- Ethnicity - Assamee, North East Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 100 g moong dal
- 100 g masoor dal
- 100 g afar dal
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, pierced with a fork
- 2 onions
- 2 green chillies
- 4 flakes of garlic, ground
- ½ cup mustard oil
- paste of one tomato
- salt to taste
- Boil the three dals together with salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan, fry the onions and tomato paste.
- Add the whole eggs into it and fry further till the onion paste turns brown.
- Add half cup water and cover the pan, allowing it to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the eggs with the onion tomato sauce into the cooked dal, stir well.
- Boil once before serving hot with rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.