- 1¾ cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chopped dandelion greens
- 1 cup pitted, coarsely chopped, oil-cured * 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 navel oranges, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup low-fat Swiss-style cheese or goat Gouda cheese
- 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- 2 cups diced fennel
- 5 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup sherry vinegar
- 6 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Layer ingredients in 3-quart, straight-sided glass bowl, starting with chickpeas, then in order spread one-third dandelion greens followed by all and onions.
- Top with another one-third greens and with half orange slices.
- Sprinkle cheese over oranges, and top with nuts and fennel.
- Cover salad with remaining oranges and greens.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together until well blended.
- Drizzle over salad, and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.