- 1 lbs young nettles
- 4 oz dandelion leaves
- 4 oz burdock root, fresh, sliced or 2 oz dried burdock root, sliced
- ½ oz ginger root, bruised
- 2 each lemons
- 1 grams water
- 1 lbs + 4 tsp soft brown sugar
- 1 oz cream of tartar
- brewing yeast (see the manufacturer's instructions for amount)
- Put the nettles, dandelion leaves, burdock, ginger and thinly pared rinds of the lemons into a large pan.
- Add the water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Put the lemon juice from the lemons, 1 lb sugar and cream of tartar into a large container and pour in the liquid through a strainer, pressing down well on the nettles and other ingredients.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle in the yeast.
- Cover the beer and leave it to ferment in a warm place for 3 days.
- Pour off the beer and bottle it, adding ½ tsp sugar per pint.
- Leave the bottles undisturbed until the beer is clear-about 1 week.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.