An original Danish recipe that is really good.
- 3 lbs medium potatoes (about 9 potatoes)
- 12 ounces green beans
- ½ cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- milk (for a vegetarian this is optional :) )
- In a large saucepan, cover potatoes with water.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or just until tender.
- Drain well; cool slightly.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Meanwhile, cut fresh green beans into 1-inch pieces.
- In a covered medium saucepan, cook beans in a small amount of boiling water for 12 to 15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- For dressing, in a large bowl, combine mayonnaise or salad dressing, sour cream, the 2 tablespoons milk, the curry powder, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Gently stir in the potatoes and green beans.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- If necessary, stir in a little additional milk before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.