- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ripe (peeled) bananas, sliced diagonally ½-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup dark rum
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 12 gingersnaps, crumbled
- 4 heaping spoonfuls of whipped cream
- ½ cup toasted coconut
- ¾ cup sliced tropical fruit (like kiwi, star fruit, or pineapple)
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over a medium-high flame.
- Add the bananas and cook, stirring, 3 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Sprinkle the bananas with the brown sugar and cook, stirring, 2 minutes more.
- Remove the skillet from the heat; add the rum.
- Return the skillet to the heat.
- Standing back, ignite the rum with a long wooden match.
- When the flame burns out, add the lime juice.
- Divide the bananas and sauce between four large martini glasses or dessert bowls.
- Top each serving with the ice cream, crumbled cookies, whipped cream, coconut, and tropical fruit.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.