- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 3 tsp. grated orange peel
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 c. orange juice
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. cooking oil
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 3 Tbs. butter, soft
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. snipped dates (or use prunes; Raisins)
- Stir the first 3 ingredients together with 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Combine egg, milk, and oil; add all at once to dry ingredients.
- Stir just until well mixed.
- Combine dates, peel, and juice; stir into batter just until blended.
- Spread evenly in greased baking pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.