- Serves 8 to 10
- 1 cup dates
- juice of 1 orange
- 1½ cup water
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 2 chopped dates
- grated peel of ½ orange
- Remove the pits from the dates.
- Cut them into quarters and set aside.
- Squeeze the orange juice into a saucepan.
- Add the water and honey.
- Sprinkle the gelatin onto the mixture.
- When it dissolves, stir briefly and add the quartered dates.
- Bring to boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered for 30 minutes. Cool.
- Strain the mixture and reserve the liquid.
- Whip the cream until it stand in peaks.
- Add the almonds to the date liquid and gently fold into the cream.
- Spoon into a two-quart serving dish.
- Decorate the charlotte with the sliced almonds, chopped dates and grated orange peel.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2 or more hours before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.