Date Nut bread - 24g Carbs
From: Forbidden Foods diabetic Cooking by Maggie PowersYield: 16 Servings
- 1/2 Cup Diced Dried dates
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup Whole-wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp Chopped walnuts
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 3/4 Cup Firmly Packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup Low-Fat (1%) milk
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp granulated sugar, For Topping
- 1. Preheat The Oven to 350 Degrees F. Spray a 9x5-Inch LoafPan With Nonstick Spray.
- 2. Place The Dried dates And water in a Small Saucepan; HeatOver Medium Heat Until The water Simmers; Reduce The Heat toLow And Simmer, 2 Minutes. Remove From The Heat And Set Aside.
- 3. in a Medium Bowl, Whisk Together The Flours, walnuts, BakingPowder, cinnamon, nutmeg, And salt. Make a Well in The Center.
- 4. in Another Medium Bowl, Stir Together The brown sugar, milk,oil, egg, And vanilla Until Well Blended. Pour Into The WellOf The flour Mixture; Stir Just Until Combined (do Not Over-Mix),About 1 Minute. Pour The Batter Into The Prepared Pan.
- 5. Bake Until a Toothpick Inserted in The Center Comes OutClean, About 35 Minutes. Cool in The Pan on a Rack, 5-10 Minutes,Then Remove From The Pan And Place on The Rack to Finish Cooling.
- 142 Calories:
- 2g Protein, 71mg Sodium, 14mg Cholesterol, 5g Fat, 24g Carbs
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Carbs, 1 Fat
contributed by :
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.