Daube De Banane (Traditional Seychellois banana dessert)
- 1 vanilla pod, split (1 tbsp vanilla essence)
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 600 ml coconut milk
- 6 cinnamon leaves or 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 large, ripe plantains
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Peel the plantains and sweet potatoes, cut in half and then half again lengthwise.
- Place the cinnamon leaves or sticks in the bottom of a pan.
- Place the sweet potatoes and the cut plantains on top (with the cut side uppermost) sprinkle the sugar, salt and nutmeg powder on top.
- Add the split vanilla pod / vanilla essence cover with the coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for a further 40 minutes.
- Arrange on a plate and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.