- turkey carcass
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, + 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 onion, quartered, + ⅓ cup onion, chopped
- 6 peppercorns
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cup turkey, cooked and cubed
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (8 oz)
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- ½ cup dry sherry
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp basil
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Place turkey carcass in large kettle, cover with water.
- Add celery stalks, carrots, quartered onion, peppercorns and bouillon cubes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2 – 3 hours.
- Cool, skim off fat.
- Remove bones and skin.
- Save any meat pieces to add to soup.
- Strain stock and add water, if necessary, to make 2 quarts.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.