- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup “lite” silken tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp brown rice syrup
- ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp ice water
- 1 x 3-oz pkg. dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup enriched soymilk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp crushed red peppers
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- 1 x 13¾-oz can artichokes, cubed
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 x 12.3-oz pkg. “lite” silken tofu, plus remainder from pastry
- 3 tbsp mild white miso
- ¼ cup dry sherry or apple cider
- ⅓ cup mashed-potato flakes
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Lightly spray 9½-inch deep-dish pie plate with olive oil.
- Place flour, oats and salt in food processor, and pulse to mix.
- Add tofu, oil and rice syrup, and blend.
- With motor running, pour ice water through feed tube, and process until mixture comes together in ball.
- Turn onto lightly floured work surface.
- Sprinkle dough lightly with flour, and roll out to ⅛- to ¼-inch thickness.
- Press into prepared pan and trim edges, leaving a 1-inch overlap.
- Using thumb and forefinger, press decorative edge alongside, around top edge.
- Set dough aside in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Combine tomatoes and water in small bowl, and set aside.
- Combine soymilk and lemon juice in nonreactive bowl, and set aside.
- Heat oil and crushed red peppers in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, about 1 minute.
- Add garlic, shallots and scallions, and sauté 3 minutes.
- Reserving soaking liquid, add tomatoes, artichokes, capers and chopped basil to pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook mixture 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place tofu in food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Place miso in small bowl, add sherry and blend with fork until smooth.
- Add miso mixture, soymilk mixture and reserved soaking liquid to tofu, and process.
- Add potato flakes, yeast and ground turmeric, and process.
- Fold tofu mixture into artichokes, and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into pie shell, and sprinkle with dried basil.
- Place on middle rack in oven.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Serve lukewarm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.