Makes about 8 servings as an appetizer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup ice water
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons Strub’s Full Sour Dill Pickle brine
- 4 cups drained Strub’s Full Sour Dill Pickles, sliced into ¼-inch thick medallions
- vegetable oil for frying
- Stir flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt into large bowl.
- Make a well in centre; add water, egg yolk and pickle juice, all at once.
- Stir with wire whisk to make a smooth batter.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat at least 2 inches of oil in deep fryer or large saucepan to 375°F.
- In batches, dip pickle slices in the batter to coat evenly and lightly.
- Fry without crowding in hot oil until golden and crisp, 1½ to 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve at once.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.