Make your glazed spiral ham crunchy and bacony on the outside while moist and juicy on the inside. Only in TX would we deep fry meat that is already cooked!
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- by Mama's kitchen
- 15 servings
- Time to make 15 min
- Prep time 15 min prep
- In an outdoor turkey fryer kind of contraption heat several gallons of peanut oil to 375°F.
- You can use the oil left over from frying a Cajun turkey — it is seasoned and hot already and just perfect.
- Lower the ham — unwrapped of course — into the hot oil.
- Do not do anything to the ham- just remove from package.
- As the ham fries it will 'seal' the outside with a type of crust like crispy bacon and seal all the juices inside.
- Fry about 7 – 9 minutes — longer will give you more crust, shorter will produce less crust.
- You may need to make this recipe a few times before you find the perfect 'doneness' for you.
- Carefully remove from oil and let drain and cool a little.
- Slice as you would any spiral cut ham.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.