A tasty way to serve tofu. Ideal for a supper party.
- 50 g self-raising flour, (2 oz)
- 100 ml water, (4 fl. oz)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 x 285 g tofu, cut into chunks
Mixed Berry Salsa Edit
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 300 g mixed berries, e.g. red currants, black currants, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries (10z)
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- Make the salsa.
- Place the vinegar and sugar in a pan and gently heat to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the berries and shallots and poach gently for 10 minutes until softened.
- Allow to cool.
- Make the batter, place the flour in a bowl and gradually whisk in the water.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan until hot.
- Dip the tofu in the batter and deep fry for 1 – 2 minutes until the batter is crispy.
- Serve immediately with the salsa.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.