Makes 12 muffins.
- 1 1/2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup frozen thawed egg substitute or 4 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel, optional
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- Combine rice flour, brown rice flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk, eggs, oil, juice concentrate and orange peel; stir in dates.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture; pour in liquid mixture, and stir to combine. Spoon batter into lightly greased muffin cups. Use back of wet spoon to smooth muffin tops. Bake in 425 degree oven 18 to 20 minutes. Turn muffins onto wire rack to cool.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.