In Romanian: Minciuni delicioase
- 3 yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plain seltzer
- vanilla or rum to flavor
- flour as needed
- shortening for frying
- vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar
- Place the sifted flour in a pile on the pastry board.
- Make an indentation in the middle and place the eggs, sugar, sour cream, seltzer, vanilla and salt in it.
- Knead a rather stiff dough.
- Divide it into 2 parts and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Then roll into a very thin sheet.
- Cut it into 1½ inches wide strips.
- Each strip should be 4 inches long.
- Cut a notch in the middle of each strip and bring one of the ends through that notch (so that the strips look knotted).
- Do this for all strips.
- Fry in a pan with hot oil or lard or golden brown.
- Remove with the slotted spoon and sprinkle vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar over them.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.