A great recipe I make often. Requests are the norm, and people can not believe the tomatoes are canned.
- 15 ounces plain diced tomatoes, drained, rinsed
- 5-6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 dash lemon pepper
- 1 package fresh basil, chiffonade (about a handful)
- salt and pepper
- Mix all together and refridge at least 2 hrs, longer is preferable.
- Serve with fresh or toasted French bread.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.