A Catfish recipe.
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a Dutch oven or a large, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add green onions and celery, and catfish fillet pieces and sauté for 3 or 4 minutes; do not brown.
- Remove catfish and vegetables from the pan.
- Add the remaining ⅓ cup of butter to the pan and cook over medium heat until melted.
- Add the flour and stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gradually stir in the milk and cream, stirring well after each addition.
- Cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add the catfish and vegetables.
- Stir in the tabasco sauce, parsley, bay leaf, chives and salt.
- Simmer for 15 minutes and serve.
- Bisque can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 3 days.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.