- Measure ¼ lb drip grind coffee in a 2-quart glass or enamel saucepan.
- Stir in 1 egg, slightly beaten and enough water to mix thoroughly (about ½ cup).
- Pour 1 quart rapidly boiling water over the coffee and stir up.
- Bring slowly to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, cover, and allow to stand for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Strain through fine sieve or cheese cloth into hot serving pot.
- Pour in small demitasse cups.
- Serve black.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.