- 1 chicken, cut up
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ ounce tomato paste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp margarine
- Mix flour, pepper, garlic, mustard, paprika, and chili powder.
- Dip chicken in skillet with melted margarine.
- Brown slowly.
- Reduce heat.
- Mix bouillon cube, water, and another tsp chili powder and tomato paste.
- Add chicken.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Remove chicken and make gravy: leave all drippings and sauce in the pan.
- Add a couple of tbsp flour and mix with a fork.
- Add milk and stir well until desired consistency.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.