- 2 cups less 2 tsp flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 tsp reduced-calorie margarine
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup sugar (or sweetener equivalent)
- 1 tbsp anise seeds, crushed
- ¼ tsp anise extract
- ½ tsp lemon extract
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Add margarine and blend with fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except raisins.
- Beat with fork or wire whisk until blended.
- Add this mixture and raisins to dry ingredients, stirring until all ingredients are moistened.
- Place a in a 4x8" nonstick loaf pan or one that has been sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Pat down dough gently with slightly wet fingertips.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, then invert onto a rack to finish cooling.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.