- ½ lbs pinto beans
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 x 28 oz can tomatoes, drained
- 1 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 x 6 oz can tomato sauce
- Add pinto beans to a 1-quart saucepan and cover them with water.
- Cook over medium heat 1 hour or until tender.
- Simmer onion and green pepper in ¼ cup water in a large nonstick skillet until onion is translucent.
- Add ground beef and cook over medium heat until browned.
- Drain excess fat from pan.
- Stir in garlic, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne.
- Add drained tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beans to chili mixture.
- Stir well and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Cover and cook for ½ hour over low heat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.