- Yields 36 bars, 2 bars per serving
- 1 cup margarine at room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown Sugar Twin sugar substitute
- 3 large egg white at room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup water at room temperature
- ½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Cream together margarine, sugar and sugar substitute at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg white and vanilla to creamed mixture and beat at medium speed for 1 minute.
- Stir together flour, soda and salt to blend well.
- Add ¼ cup water to creamed mixture along with the flour mixture and mix at medium speed for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips to dough and mix lightly.
- Drop by tablespoonsful onto cookie sheets that have been lined with aluminum foil or sprayed with pam spray.
- Press down lightly with fingers dipped in cold water to form a circle about 2" across.
- Bake at 375°F for about 12 minutes or until browned (the cookies won"t be crisp unless they are browned)
- Remove cookies for hot cookie sheets to wire racks to cool to room temperate.
Chocolate chip bars Edit
- Instead of dropping dough onto cookie sheets, spread dough evenly in a jelly roll pan that has been sprayed or greased with margarine.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 – 25 minutes, or until lightly browned and the bars pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool to room temperature and cut to yield 36 bars.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.