Makes 20 falafel balls, or 4 servings
- Source: Vegetarian Cooking for Diabetics
- 3 cup garbanzo beans, cooked
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- ¼ cup parsley
- ¼ cup sesame seed
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor or blender grind garbanzo beans, lemon and onion.
- Remove and add flour, wheat germ, parsley, sesame seed, pepper and garlic powder.
- Form into 20 falafel balls.
- Heat oil in a large baking dish, then add falafel and bake 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
1 serving of 5 falafel = 434 calories; 3 meat, 2 bread, 1 fat pro 20gm, fat 9gm, carbo 56gm
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.