Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes via The Diabetic Gourmet Daily Recipe Mailer
- Yield: About 1 cup (4 servings)
- 1 large tomato (8 ounces), seeded and chopped
- 3 green onions with green tops, chopped
- ⅓ cup packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon seeded and chopped jalapeño
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
- Leave at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes for flavors to mingle.
Nutritional Information Edit
Per Serving (¼ cup):
- Calories: 20 | Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 g | Sodium: 306 mg | Carbohydrate: 4 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 1 g
- Diabetic Exchanges: Free Food
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.