Batter needs to sit overnight.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- ½ cup apples; peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup raisins
- ½ cup (1 stick) margarine
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 eggs, beaten (or egg beaters)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Sift flour and soda, set aside.
- Cook water, dates, apples and raisins; bring to a boil.
- Simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the margarine and stir.
- Cool mixture and then add eggs, oatmeal and the dry ingredients; add the vanilla and nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drop on cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake in 350°F oven for about 24 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator in air tight container.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.