- 1 medium eggplant
- ½ cup cottage cheese, low-fat
- 2 tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 tsp bay leaf, ground
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- wheat germ
- 2 oz provolone cheese
- Cook eggplant in boiling water, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Drain and cut in 2 lengthwise.
- Scoop out the insides leaving a half inch shell.
- Mash eggplant with cottage cheese, onion, bay leaf, basil, oregano, and tomato sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Stuff eggplant halves, place in casserole dish.
- Add a little water to bottom of dish to keep eggplant moist.
- Bake covered for 15 minutes.
- Top with wheat germ and provolone cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes, uncovered.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.