Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 4 Servings
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- ½ tsp dried oregano, crushed
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1¼ lb total)
- salsa (optional)
- Coat a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a shallow dish combine tortilla chips, oregano, cumin, and pepper.
- Place egg in another shallow dish; beat slightly.
- Dip chicken in beaten egg and coat with tortilla chip mixture.
- Arrange chicken in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven about 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees).
- If desired, serve the chicken with salsa.
Nutritional information Edit
- 305 Calories | 10 g Total Fat | 2 g Saturated Fat | 16 g Carbohydrate | 0 g Sugar | 36 g Protein | 35 mg Cholesterol | 225 mg Sodium | 2 g Fiber.
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 4½ very lean meat, 1½ fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.