From Joni's Diabetic Kitchen
- 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 1¼ cup skim milk, divided
- 2 eggs, separated
- ¼ tsp salt
- sugar substitute to equal to ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Soften gelatin in ¼ skim milk; set aside.
- Combine remaining 1 cup milk, egg yolks and salt in double boiler; heat until mixture coats spoon.
- Remove from heat.
- Add gelatin mixture and sugar substitute; stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and half-and-half.
- Freeze until firm.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Remove cream mixture from freezer, and place in chilled bowl; beat until smooth.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Return to freezer until ready to serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.