Purchased from the Wagner Estate in Wichita Falls, Texas in 1990. Date and source unknown.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener
- 3/4 cup cooking oil
- 1-teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2-teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-teaspoon vanilla
- Cook raisins in water until water is gone.
- Add the applesauce, eggs, sweetener and oil and mix well.
- Blend in the other ingredients, which have been sifted together.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour into greased and floured pans, preferably loaf pans.
- Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.