Most rustic types of bread consist of just flour, yeast, water and salt. I usually vary mine using a cracked wheat and also semolina flour. It seems to give the bread character. When I was under a neurosurgeon, we were talking about sugars in the American diet and he said in Iran, the bread was made with out any sugars. I don't use a bread machine either. I bake mine on unglazed quarry tiles and throw ice cubes in the bottom when i put the bread in. Gives it a nice rustic flavor and appearance. Sunday I made pizza using the following ingredients (no fats-no sugar):
- Make the dough using the ingredients above.
- put veggies on the top, using fresh tomatoes.
- It made to large rounds.
- Again the only fat was the PAM on the bottom and PAM on the top plus 1 tbsp grated cheese for both pizzas.
- Worked out to be about ½ veggie and 2 bread for 2 slices.
- Tasted a heck of a lot better than some of the commercial pizzas.