This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Baxter Estate in Heath, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups white long-grain rice
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ bunch green onion finely chopped
- ½ bunch dill chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Stir onions, green onions, green peppercorns and pine nuts then cook until soft.
- Add rice and mint then stir 3 minutes.
- Add water and salt.
- Bring to boil and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Turn off and stir in half the dill.
- Cover top of the pot with a paper towel or a clean kitchen towel.
- Place lid on paper towel and let rice sit for at least 10 minutes before you serve.
- Scatter with remaining dill.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.