- 2 lbs. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 Tbs. butter or margarine
- 1 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs. prepared grated horseradish, drained (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat or skim milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Cook beans in boiling salted water until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in flour and horseradish if using, and stir constantly 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in dill and pour sauce over beans.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.