Prep Time: 15 min
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Dillisk & Carrigeen may be purchased from email@example.com
- 450 g plain wholemeal flour
- 125 g plain white flour
- 50 g rolled oats
- 14 g chopped dillisk
- 5 ml (1tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- 450 ml buttermilk
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add enough butter milk to make dough soft.
- Knead lightly and shape round cut crops.
- Bake at 230 °C, gas 8, for 15 minutes then reduce to 205 °C, gas 6, for further 20-25 minutes or until hollow sound to tap from bread.
- Cool on wire rack, eat while warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.