General Tips Edit
- Actually thinking of snacks as hors d'oeuvres - rather than desserts ~ will open up a whole new way of looking at this category.
- Hint: use cucumber "coins" instead of crackers.
- When cutting up with kids, have your children help you cut up green onions, parsley, lettuce, cheese slices, fruit, etc., using a scissors instead of a knife. Using a scissors helps coordination (yes!) and keeps them busy for a long time!
Any of the following Edit
- blend shortening with cottage cheese. (A blender or baby food grinder will give you a smoother consistency than whipping with a fork)
- Add garlic powder to taste.
- Refrigerate in a covered container.
Other Dips and Snacks Edit
Other quick dippies that make up in small quantities:
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.