Contributed by Pets Holistic Med Community
Pets Holistic Med is a community based on Holistic Pet Care Issues. Membership to the site is free. Also, feel free to participate in the Pet Holistic Forums, check out our free articles, web resources and our eBook.
Dr. Mayra Alfonso has published a Holistic Pet Care Guide exclusively available on this site. This manual is a must for pet owners. Be sure you know the facts about your pets health care options before damaging your pets health and well being with dangerous and risky treatments!
- 2 chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, whatever's preferable)
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut in half
- 1 stick celery, sliced into chunks
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups rice, uncooked
- Place chicken pieces in large pot.
- Cover with cold water (5 – 6 cups).
- Add carrots, celery, and potatoes to water.
- Add salt to taste if you want.
- Cover and simmer on low heat about 2 hours until the chicken becomes tender.
- Add the rice, cover and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove soup from heat.
- Pull the chicken meat off the bone (if will practically fall off), discard bones.
- Return shredded pieces to pot.
- Stir well.
- Let cool.
- Store in the refrigerator or freeze.