- 1 lb eggplant
- ½ cup yogurt
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp roasted and ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground chilli
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground garlic
- cooking oil
- Slice eggplant ½ cm thick, wash and drain water, and wipe out with papper towel.
- Mix turmeric,chilli,coriander, salt (less than ¼ tsp) to eggplant.
- Use hand for better mixing.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Fry eggplants until both sides are golden brown.
- Beat yogurt adding salt, black pepper, garlic, cumin,and two tablespoon of water.
- Arrange fried eggplant in a dish and pour yogurt mixture over eggplant.
- Make sure eggplants are covered with yogurt.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for few hours and then serve.
- It can be made early.
- This dish can be served with polau or biriyani.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.