Doogh, or dough, is a Persian yogurt drink. Carbonated doogh is a popular soft-drink in Iran.
- This recipe was provided by Persiancity.com
- Original recipe
- one glass yogurt
- 2-3 glasses water
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon dried pennyroyal (optional)
- black pepper (optional)
- Beat yogurt until it flows smoothly.
- Add mint, pennyroyal, salt, and black pepper, and mix well.
- Add water to yogurt gradually and mix as you add. The quantity of water can be adjusted to obtain the desired density.
- Place in the frig for a few hours.
- Mix again before drinking.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.