This is what I made last year for Thanksgiving and it was a big hit with the family. It made a ton but we fed close to 25 people on it. This is a great recipe for large group gatherings. Oh yeah, this is definitely not for somebody that wants to watch their weight!
- Contributed by Dorie at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 3 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 cup regular milk
- 2 cups half and half
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 pkg. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pkg. colby cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan
- 1 block Monterey jack cheese
- ½ block Velveeta
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Melt butter and add cooked pasta.
- Add eggs and onion.
- Spray casserole dish.
- In saucepan combine rest of ingredients (except cheeses).
- Stir constantly bringing to a boil.
- Continue stirring while bubbling until very thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses until melted.
- Add to pasta and stir well.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 – 30 minutes or until brown.