Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings and 1 cup sauce
- ¾ cup butter
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate pieces (1 cup)
- 1 recipe praline sauce (see below)
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup pecan halves, toasted
Praline Sauce Edit
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease and flour six 1- to 1¼-cup soufflé dishes or six 10-oz custard cups.
- Place souffle dishes or custard cups in a shallow baking pan and set pan aside.
- In a heavy small saucepan melt butter and semisweet chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare praline sauce, cover and keep warm until needed.
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed about 5 minutes or until thick and lemon colored.
- Beat in cooled chocolate mixture on medium speed.
- Sift flour and cocoa over chocolate mixture; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared dishes or cups.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Pull cakes out of oven.
- Using a small spatula or table knife, puncture top of each partially-baked cake and gently enlarge to make a dime-sized hole.
- Slowly spoon about 1 tbsp praline sauce into center of each cake.
- Return cakes to oven.
- Bake 5 minutes more or until cakes feel firm at the edges.
- Cool in dishes on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Using a small spatula or knife, loosen cake edges from sides of dish or cup and slip cake out upright onto individual dessert plates.
- Stir ⅓ cup toasted pecan halves into the remaining praline sauce.
- If necessary, stir 1 to 2 tbsp hot water into remaining sauce to thin.
- Spoon warm praline sauce on top of cakes.
- Top with pecan halves and sweetened whipped cream.
- Serve immediately.
Praline Sauce Edit
- In a heavy medium saucepan combine sugar, brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Stir in whipping cream.
- Cook over medium-high heat until boiling, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar.
- Reduce heat.
- Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.