Chocolate flavoured biscuit cake
- 1 packet Marie biscuits, broken into small almond-sized pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 90 g drinking chocolate
- 90 g cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 100 g sugar
- 250 g unsalted butter, softened
- 100 g almonds, blanched, lightly roasted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons almonds, blanched, lightly roasted and roughly chopped
- Grease a loaf tin with ½ teaspoon of melted butter.
- Place the cocoa, drinking chocolate and softened butter in a large mixing bowl and using a fork, blend the mixture together until it becomes a thick paste; add the chopped almonds and stir well.
- In a small saucepan add the water and sugar and cook over moderate heat, stirring continuously until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the syrup over the butter mixture and stir until they are well incorporated.
- Fold in the eggs and, last, fold in the broken biscuits.
- Stir gently until the chocolate mixture coats the biscuits well.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf tin, and with a wooden spoon press the mixture firmly down into the tin.
- Cover with foil, place in the fridge and leave overnight.
- To take cake out of the tin just simply dip the bottom into boiling water and turn cake upside down over a serving dish.
- Sprinkle the top with the chopped almonds and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.