- 2 slabs beef rib, cut in 3-4 ribs each
- Dry Rub
- 4 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 tsp nutmeg
- 4 tsp cumin
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tsp onion powder
- 1-2 2 liter bottles of Dr. Pepper
- 1 lg onion cut up
- 1 tsp liquid smoke if desired
- apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Cut up ribs in 3-4 piece sections
- Lightly spray down with vinegar and set aside for a couple of hours
- Mix all dry rub ingredients together
- Rinse off ribs from vinegar and rub generously with dry rub
- Put in ziplock bags over night in refrigerator
- Next morning get stock pot and place ribs in: do not rinse off rub
- Pour enough Dr.Pepper over them to cover completely.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer til fork tender
- Slather ribs with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce and place on grill til sauce caramelizes,
- serve with corn on the cobb and salad and party potatoes.
Contributed by: Edit
- World Recipes Y-Group
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.