- 4 ripe plantains
- 6 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- 2 Boquete oranges cut in thin slices (with rind)
- ½ cup of rum (any kind)
- ¼ cup of corn syrup (Karo)
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- grated half lemon
- Peel the plantains and cut them into 2-inch slices.
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter and brown the plantains slightly.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the sugar and mix in the browned plantains.
- Grease a Pyrex bowl and spoon in the plantain mix.
- Cover with orange slices and rind. In a bowl, mix the rum, the lemon juice, grated lemon and corn syrup.
- Pour this mixture over the plantains, orange slices and rind.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 35 minutes, dipping the plantains in its own juice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.