This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Simms Estate in Duncanville, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 artichokes
- 8 ounces sambuca
- 8 ounces dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 small white onions minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Wash artichokes and spread leaves and place side by side in heavy large saucepan.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over artichokes.
- Cover saucepan tightly and cook over low flame for 45 minutes.
- Serve artichokes with pan juices spooned over them.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.