In Romanian: Friptura de rata cu mere coapte
- Clean, wash and salt the duck.
- Introduce 2 smallish apples in its cavity.
- Place in the roasting pan with a tablespoon of lard and a few tablespoons of water.
- Set in the oven at high temperature and keep basting with the pan drippings.
- When the duck starts to brown, place the washed and dried apples around it and reduce the heat.
- As they bake, remove the apples from the pan, letting the duck in until done.
- When it is done, remove from the pan, slice, arrange on a platter with the apples around the meat.
- Put two tablespoons of water in the pan and let boil on top of the range.
- Strain this sauce and pour over the meat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.