Dulce Argentino aka really yummy caramel roll cake. Passed on to me from my best friend's dad who is Cuban. An authentic dessert that's light but decadent.
- 1 hour 7 minutes
- 8 servings / 1 cake
- 5 eggs, separated
- 7 teaspoons self-rising flour
- 7 teaspoons sugar
- 1 dash vanilla
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 dash sweet vermouth
- Beat egg whites until fluffy.
- Add sugar, flour and egg yolks, beat 3-4 minutes.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Pour batter onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven 7 – 10 minutes at 350°F.
- Remove from oven and turn out onto damp cheese cloth and roll up.
- Wait to cool, then unroll.
- Pour 1 can Carnation sweetened condensed milk into boiler pan; cover.
- Place over boiling water, cook over water, stirring occasionally, for 60 to 75 minutes, or until thick and light caramel.
- Remove from heat, beat until smooth with dash of vermouth (make sure consistency is thick).
- Let caramel (dulce de leche) cool completely, place in refrigerator to cool.
- Spread dulce de leche on unrolled cake, then roll again.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.