This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gingham Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ pounds uncooked potatoes
- ¾ pound fine whole wheat flour
- ½ pound feta cheese
- ¼ pound smoked bacon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Grate the peeled raw potatoes and mix with flour adding a little water if necessary then add salt.
- Roll into balls and rinse with cold water then throw into bubbling salted water and boil for 20 minutes.
- When they float to the surface take them out rinse with water and mix with feta cheese.
- Serve with bacon cut up into small pieces and mix with feta cheese.
- Fry in butter.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.